No tall buildings.
No pollution.
No more conversation about designers bags and fashions.
Just want to live in a close community in harmony and serendipity; living in my little cottage next to the farmhouse in the middle of blooming rapeseed field.
There're kids on the swing hanging on big tall tree and pets running about in the backyard.
It just went across my mind of the first Malay short story(cerpen),"Pokok kusayang" which I had written when I was seventeen years old. But of course the story setting was in a kampung(village) in Malaysia. Those were the time of being the only ah moi(young Chinese lady) taking part in composition and history quiz competition.
At the end of the day, I will still be identified by my race in my homeland despite how well-versed I am in the language and culture of the country. I still do miss my family and my homeland, Malaysia despite losing the sense of belonging and fading faith in democracy. Happy 5th May Anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment